Thursday, July 14, 2005

Crash

Today's Song: Colin Hay - Overkill




[This song was on my fav show Scrubs]
"I can't get to sleep
I think about the implications
Of diving in too deep
And possibly the complications
Especially at night
I worry over situations that
I know will be alright
It's just overkill
Day after day it reappears
Night after night
My heartbeat shows the fear
Ghosts appear and fade away
Ghosts appear and fade away
Ghosts appear and fade away"



Sean and i went to COP on tuesday. It was goin great, Tried riding some new stuff, getting used to the bike again [hadn't been riding in ages].

So we take some runs that are perfectly swell. Ride the dirtjumps for a while it was all fine. Then half way down the trail, I ate shit off this bridge which is like 2.5 - 3 feet high. I came off a little drop too fast, didn't hit the brakes fast enough and went ass-over-tea-kettle. I landed straight on my head, got winded, Hurt my back and neck... and shattered my two front teeth.

Nothing like getting up from a fall and spitting out peices of your teeth. So i am lying there as sean comes up, tells some kid to go get a medic. He sees me spitting out teeth and asks what else is hurt. As soon as i tell him my neck and back, He asks me to move my arms and legs [being worried that i broke my back]. After seeing that i am bashed up but alive, we ride down to the medic station where i got checked out. Basically he asked be a bunch of questions and poked me and such. It was like when i would stand up normally it felt like i had a weight on my head. Now, i'm still really sore but alot better compaired to before. I couldn't move without being in alot of pain the day i did it.

I get home, Mom calls the dentist, i go and shower... VERY PAINFULL... at this point i am worried that i may have fractured vertebrae, so i find myself a couch and lay down. I get an oppointment for the dentist, get some x-rays done, basically saying that i shattered the fake teeth i had [i had root cannals done of my front four teeth so they are fake]. So there are posts glued into my skull that hold the crowns on, they are fine.

After a VERY restless night i go to my Dentist appointment today and i get Scrapped, Grinded, and drilled for three hours to get me some temporary teeth untill friday when i will get some replacements. So i got four needles worth of freezing... by the end it was wearing off and i was in alot of pain. Not only was i laying down the whole time hurting my back and neck, but my mouth was killing me.

I way very happy to get home and swallow a Tylonal 3.

Sarah was all worried about me, she was asking if i needed anything or if i wanted her to come take care of me [who dosn't like sympathy]. She came over later with Dickie and just hung out and watched TV.

On wed Some people who have never ridden COP and i had planned on going, But after i ate shit i was uber pissed that i wouldn't be able to make it. I was REALLY excited to go too. Now i have to wait for my fucking back and neck to get better before i can even think about going again. But i guess it wouldn't have worked out today anyways because there was this freakish storm with rain and hail right when we would have gone.

~Good Night

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Get well soon. Morphine is your friend :D

4:24 AM  
Blogger E said...

Ah, but Codeine is over the counter. ;)

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home