Thursday, May 18, 2006

Jeffrey Macarone... Bike Technician

Today's Song: REM - Losing My Religion




"That's me in the corner
That's me in the spotlight
Losing my religion
Trying to keep up with you
And I don't know if I can do it
Oh no I've said too much
I haven't said enough
I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing
I think I thought I saw you try"



So i had to go find a job... and yesterday i updated my Resume and went out to find myself a job.

Mom and Dad had been suguesting all these lame places with their help wanted signs. I didn't want to go back to working in a restraunt. Didn't want to do Manual labour. I don't have the skills or the porfolio for a Media job. So i went with a my hobby. i was going to try and get something to do with bikes. So some major places would need me to have uber training [i have taken a basic maintencce course] and experince which i don't have per se...

So i choose Sport Mart and Sports Traders both in crowfoot. I go in and drop off a resume and application at Sport Mart and they said they'd get back to me within the week.

I go to Sports Traders and I drop off a resume and the owner of the store gives me a interview right away. And Hires me. He asked if i could start working that day. I really didn't want to so i said i couldn't. So i'd start at open tomorrow.

They open at 10 which isn't to bad. So i started today and i was thinking this is my first job a friend hasn't gotten me. So i was nervous about not knowing anyone. Turns out that i work with a guy i went to Highschool with. So i got there early and was waiting a bit. After doing your pretty standard opening stuff i went to work. The first bike had something wrong with the gears. And i was having alot of trouble so one of the managers came and looked at it and got mad at it and helped me fix it. The rest of the day was smooth. I'd ask where tools were or what procedures to follow. Everyone i worked with today was super nice and helpful.

Seven hours later i had finished my first day.was done. i went to Burger king for some foods and then came home and slept.

I was woken up at ten by a drunken Sarah... After that i couldn't go back to sleep so i watched some Family guy and stuff on TV.

GoodNight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

congrats Jeff. Bikes are cool!

8:40 PM  
Blogger E said...

Jeff's mom is cool.

No really, she is.

Congrats on the job, hombre.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home