Saturday, July 15, 2006

Give Her The Stick.... DON'T GIVE HER THE STICK

Today's Song:Our Lady Peace - Somewhere Out There




"You're falling out of reach,
defying gravity,
I know you're out there,
somewhere out there."



So i wake up around noon. I look over on the TV and i had fallen asleep watching Scrubs. And waking up to your fav show isn't bad. I stay in bed for a few episodes untill i am hungry enough to get out of bed. I eat. Then shower. And it's off to work. I don't remember working too hard. but around like 8 or so i call Dickie and see what the plan is. Marshmellows at his GF's Firepit.

So they pick me up from work. We are sitting fireside for a few hours and jus shootin' the shit and having a great time. There were many a scrubs reference and quotes from out fav movie. But the quote of the night goes to Dickie.

I was holding a peice of fire wood, it was pretty small. And i was hitting people and things with said peice of wood. Then Megan says: "Give me the Stick" and with out missing a beat Dickie says: " DON'T GIVE HER THE STICK". We [except for megan] were laughing sooo hard. For those of you who don't know or want to see this classic again See It Here. It was effin Halarious.

After getting home i had finished DLing Signs. So all alone in the dark basement i started watching it... I'm not saying i was afraid. I'll say i was at a hightened alertness. It was a good movie and i enjoyed it.

After that i needed to wind down with some walker Texas Ranger. But for the longest time i was looking for some of the TV show Episodes and i couldn't find ANY. So the only thing i did find was Walker Texas Ranger: Trial By Fire. It pretty much looked like a Made for TV Movie. But it still had all the Norris Goodness. But the only thing i didn't like was that Trivette was in it for like 3 seconds. I'm not gonna lie to you, while watching this movie i was caressing my 1911 and taking it apart and putting it together.

Then scrubs till i fell asleep.

I woke up and did pretty much the same thing...

At work i was too excited about going to the Stampede so i didn't do any work really. After work i went to Dalhousie and caught the train to the Stampede park. It was FUCKIN busy but i got a seat and read a bunch of the DaVinci Code.

I get off the train wait 15 - 20min in line just to get in and it's already 10 it was SUPER FUCKING BUSY because OLP was onn the coke stage. I finally get it and there is no chance i am gonna finde Justing Kevin kate or Mark in these mass. The thing that struck me as retarded was that there was a barracade that said: "Congested Area-Concert In Progress" I was thinking that MOVING YOUR FUCKING FENCE would help clear up a path for people to move. So i ended up running into the round up center and popping out some doors on the other side of said wall-of-stupidity and watched maybe three quarters of the concert. I'm not a huge OLP fan but it wasn't bad.

After Concert we looked around and found some tools that someone had dropped during the concert. Mark took those. Then we looked at the CF-18 i think? That was pretty bad ass.

Then it was like 11 or so. Justing headed home. We wanted to get some beers and the beer gardens are just too much of a hastle so we talked to some bar that Kate really likes. We got some food. But the waitress was dumb and didn't take kev's order and by the time the waitress came back the kitchen was closed. So we shared. We stayed there till like 2. Then we took the train home. Wasn't as busy as the stampede station. but it was still full.

I get to Dalhousie at like 230 and i realize... i hadn't though of how i was gonna get from the train station to my bed. SO i walked. mostly because i didn't want to pay the $20 - $40 for a cab.

I arrive home at 4 in the am and my feet are killing me. But on the plus side i guess i worked off all the beer i drank.

Once i sat down at the comp i went down my list of fell bloggers and read the most recent posts and Eric's made me think.

So i commented:

Gumbi said...

Hey E-Rock

Read Shake Hands With The Devil by LGen. Romeo Dallaire It's about the peacekeeping mission in Rwanda which he lead. It definatly made me think, and it's a REALLY good read. I'd also say watch Hotel Rwanda which is about the same topic and over laps with the book.

And after posting that i thought that i should recomend this to everyone who reads my blog aswell.

GoodNight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Hahaha, I like how Megan completely didn't get it. She missed quite a few things sitting around the fire.

And I was there too, dick.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

These are some solid posts lately. Good job Jeff. Haha

9:21 PM  
Blogger E said...

Lmao. Oh man, I wish I coulda been there. That would have been fucking hilarious!

I am also glad that you were caressing your 1911 and not anything else. I was afraid to read the rest of that sentence... afterall, I know how much you like Chuck Norris. lol

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home