Saturday, February 12, 2005

$380 Poorer

Today's Song: Billy Talent - Cut the Curtains




Sarah called me this morning. She was in the middle of a track meet layin in the middle of the feild waiting for her next race later that day. So her and her roommate, made some calls. Sarah and i talked about everything under the sun, Then she passed the phone to her friend Megan who i had like 3 sentences with. But she said i didn't have Canadian Accent... I talked like "Normal People"... Altough Sarah found it funny that she thought i was Asian.

After that, Went to the bank. Deposited some paychecks. Then off to Cochrane Cycle

So with in the 10 min i was there i had spend $380... I mean i needed all this stuff for my bike. But WOW... That hurts me right in the Wallet. So the shopping list was:
1) Fix rear axle in the rear wheel. I'll have it back Tuesday.
2) New front Wheel. I thought i would have to order in the hub, rim, spokes. but that and a sweet wheel built just waiting for me. So i snapped that up
3) New Stem. A Beautiful BMX style .243 stem.
4) New Bars. Because of the diameter of the handlebar clamp on the Stem i needed to get new bars. Axiom Cro-Bar... This thing is made from the same metel as my frame.

Grand Total: $379.85

So as soon as i get home i start changing stuff over. Put the tire and tube on my new rim. Took Gumbi and changed him over to the new wheel... A definate must. Then the bars were SUPER long so i cut them down. put my brake lever on and grips. As i go to put the stem on my bike i realized that i need more spacers for the stem to fit the steer tube. That all fine and well. Run to bowcycle for them... FUCK YOU. Bow is fucking useless. Those morons have them all packaged up for when they move next week. What assholes. So i came home empty handed. I thought well i'll just cut down the steer tube... But then the tube would be too short to run any other stem. frick. So i'm gonna ask around and see who has some spacers laying around for jeffrey.

So as i was doing all of this, my fork slipped out and i noticed that all the fucking bearings were fucked. so i just now finished re packing them. What a piss off.

Wheel and Bar/Stem:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Sweet ass Stem of sexyness:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

My bike as it looks right now:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home